Animal Hospital in Wilmington: Picture of a chocolate lab puppy laying in the grass
Animal Hospital in Wilmington: Picture of a chocolate lab puppy laying in the grass

Information on Traveling Abroad with your Pet

If you are planning on traveling out of the country with your pet you will need a Health Certificate for the country you are going to, otherwise you will be denied entry with your pet. You can check for more information. Dr. Morgan Dawkins at Windcrest Animal Hospital and Dr. Kathryn Stoltzfus at Talleyville Veterinary Hospital are accredited by the Department of Agriculture to examine your pet and complete the required health certificate, the certificate will also need to be endorsed by the USDA before travel. If you have questions about travel contact the USDA by email:

There may be additional requirements depending on the destination country. Please make sure to check with your airline for their requirements for travel.

Click Here to view or print a document from the USDA APHIS with information on the steps you need to take in order to travel with your pet.

Other Pet Travel Resources

Traveling with Pets – The USDA provides information necessary for traveling with your pets, including vaccination requirements, alerts, etc. It also provides information about International Health Certificate requirements and links to various nations so you can see their requirements.

Traveling by Car or Truck with Pets – Taking the family pet along for the ride is a part of the vacation plans of families across the nation. These trips can be quite memorable and enjoyable—but only if you take the proper safety precautions for your animals. This guide will help you travel safely and comfortably with your favorite pet.

Graylyn Crest Animal Hospital

2006 Marsh Road

Wilmington, DE 19810 - Directions

Office Hours:

Monday, Wednesday, Thursday:  8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Tuesday:  8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Friday:  8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Saturday:  8:00 am – 12:30 pm

(302) 996-9259 Contact Us


Font Resize