oral health matters
Healthy teeth and gums play an important role in your pet’s overall health.
Teeth cleaning for dogs & small mammals
At Graylyn Crest Animal Hospital, we conduct professional dog and cat teeth cleaning in Wilmington, DE, for maintaining healthy teeth as well as provide treatment to your pet if he or she is showing signs of periodontal disease.
Dental Care and Cleaning for
Dogs and Cats
When the accumulation of plaque and dental tartar with gingivitis or only mild periodontitis (bone loss around the tooth) is found, professional dental cleaning alone typically treats the issue effectively. In addition to preventative pet dental care, we can also do tooth extractions and other procedures if necessary. If our veterinary dentist finds abnormalities requiring specialized attention, we will call you prior to additional procedures.
Regardless of the extent of your pet’s dental care needs, we’ll give you detailed recommendations for your dog’s or cat’s daily home oral hygiene.
Pet dental care includes:
- Full teeth cleaning using ultrasonic and hand dental scalers to eliminate dental plaque and tartar, which causes periodontal disease.
- Polishing to eliminate residual plaque and to delay future deposits of plaque and tartar.
- Rinsing to eliminate debris before a final inspection.
- Application of a plaque-preventative material or fluoride.
- Evaluation of gums and all teeth to detect evidence of disease or injury.
- General anesthesia applied during the procedure.
Dental care for exotic pets includes a thorough oral exam under general anesthesia with the aid of an endoscope.
Contact us today to schedule your pet’s dental cleaning. Our caring team of veterinarians, specialists, nurses, and support staff are here to help you keep your pet’s teeth and gums healthy—and to give you something to smile about! And remember, we also provide care to maintain your pet’s health and treat them with the best modalities and technology available when they’re ill or injured.